Thursday, March 29, 2012

Always Try interview!

Check em out here! : alwaystry.bandcamp.com ; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Always-Try/217979031560169



So first of all, who are the members of the band and what do you all do(play)?

The members are Kyle, who is on vocals, Ryan, on the guitar, Mike, who plays bass, and I, Wade, play the drums. 


How did always try get started? Whose idea was it and how did it grow?

We started off with Mark (our original bassist) and I wanting to start jam together over the summer of 2011. Mark recruited Ryan, and Wade recruited Kyle, so at that point we had a full band. Ryan and I worked really hard for about a month to write the demo that we recorded May last year. Mark had to leave due to the fact that he goes to school in Nevada, so Mike, our current bassist, stepped up and things have been going extremely well since.


What are your influences? Is there any style you're going for in particular?

Our influences vary from song to song, I would say. Overall, though, I would say we get a lot of our influences are from bands like Crunch Time, Righteous Jams, and Bold

What does the name "always try" mean to you? How was it established that that would be the name for your band?

Well the name Always Try comes from a Bold song, obviously called Always Try. I personally loved the song, so I suggested the name and everyone just went with it. All members of the band have a positive attitude about the band and hardcore, so I would say the name reflects our goal as a band, which is to have as much fun as possible, taking the risks we normally would not, and enjoying every opportunity we have while we're still young. 

Are all of you just friends who wanted to start a quick band and it ended up being more than you expected? I only ask because that's usually what happens haha. 

Yeah, we all just figured we would have some fun while we still can, before we have to graduate college and other responsibilities. It has gone a bit farther than we expected in a short time, but we arent complaining haha. 

Do any of you have any shitty day jobs that we all wish we could quit?

Yes! I work at a grocery store, in the Deli section, and everyday I walk into that place I just want to quit! It sucks so much. Kyle just got a job at Panera Bread, but I haven't heard him complain, so I hopefully that's going well. Everyone else in the band is too busy with school or family for a job. 
 
Any shows coming up that we can all look forward to? Maybe in southern Cali?

At the moment, we only have one show coming up, which is next week, April 6th in Yucaipa with our really good friends Life for a Life. I know it's sort of out there, but we all love meeting new people! 

Thanks so much for the interview Jesse! 

Thanks for your time guys, keep doin what you do!
-Jesse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment