Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rotting Out Interview

So who are the members of Rotting Out and what do they do?

My name is Dario and I play guitar, rest of the members go as...

Jorge on  Drums,
Carlos on Guitar,
Walter on Vocals, and 
Benji on Bass

What kind of music do you consider yourself? 
Honestly can't give it a name, to me it was always just.....Punk. 

How and when did Rotting Out begin?

Rotting Out started around 2007, just a couple of homies trying to play some music, and play shows.

How did you get the name Rotting out, and was it the first name the band had? 

The name was something that just came about, nothing specific. Rotting Out used to be a band called dogpile, this was before I was in the band, About a 1 1/2 years later I got asked to join. 

Who are the most influential bands/people?

Speaking as an individual, bands like Partisans, Los Crudos, English Dogs, Pantera, Suidical Tendencies, Slayer, and so on have always pumped me up in to playing fast, angry, crazy shit. I love it, I couldn't live without it!

What is your favorite venue, and why?
Favorite venue for me would have to be, The Branch st. House in Sacramento, CA! That place is Fuckin' cool and, ran by some cool as homies!

Are there any crazy stories you have from touring?

One day, we played somewhere out east, can't really remember where it was but, we all got to the place where we would shower, get ready for the show, eat and so on, where one of the other guys from the band we were on tour with left his copy of the van key that I happened to pick up, and planned on using for something that would fuck with them. A couple of days later after going through this big firework battle deal between both bands, I came up with the idea of jumping inside the bands van and driving it off and hiding it during the time they were playing. Later on that night when all the bands finished playing and, everyone was headed to load up, from a far I was watching them as they went out and saw that someone had taken the van, the look on everyone's face thinkin they had just gotten jacked was hilarious hahaha, the whole Band was fuckin trippin mad balls! It was fuckin' awesome! Not really a crazy story you can say, but it's something I though was worth using for this question. 

What is your favorite song to play live, and why? 

My favorite song would have to be Eye's Peeled from our new LP Street Prowl, I love playing it because of how fast and fun it is to play. 

Any last words or comments?

Thanks for takin the time to come up with some questions about the band that might interest you, or maybe just something you were curious about. Always grateful for any support towards the band, and for the people that make shows as fun as they are!! Peace!

-Dario Pedrozo aka Tank


-
-
-

I wrote everything off my phone, sorry about any misspelled words and what not, hope this works for ya! Take care man!

-Dario

No comments:

Post a Comment