Tuesday, April 10, 2012

INCENDIARY interview!

One of my all time favorite bands, check em out here : www.facebook.com/IncendiaryHC


So who are the members and what do they play?

i'm Brendan and I sing, Brian and Bobcat play Guitar, Kevin plays Bass, and Dan plays Drums.

How did the band start, and did you ever expect it to progress?

We started in the summer of 2007 when I was back home in New York after I was finished with college. I was really just trying to get a band together to play music that I liked and to do some local shows. I never imagined we'd get to the point we're at now, it's very cool.

What does the name Incendiary mean to you? How was the name established?

I came up with the name when we were writing our demo. Choosing a band name always sucks but I felt this name fit with a lot of the lyrical content of the band. Incendiary means to start something, usually a fire, and I've always hoped that our lyrics could make people think about some of the things going on in contemporary American culture.

What are your influences? What kind of sound are you going for?

We're influenced by a lot of the late 90s/early 2000s heavy/metallic hardcore like Strife, Indecision, Buried Alive, Turmoil, etc. so I think that's reflected in our sound a good amount.  The nice thing with our band is the 5 of us are into a wide variety of different music so I think it helps to keep things fresh and somewhat unique sounding when we come together to write.  


Has anything really crazy ever happened at one of your shows?

Hmm I can't think of anything too crazy off the top of my head besides some broken noses and KO's.  That always sucks.  


What's in the future for Incendiary? Can we all expect any new jams in the upcoming months?

After we play a couple of fests this spring we'll be getting ready to record our 2nd full length in August. That record will be coming out on Closed Casket Activities hopefully in late fall.   


What did you expect when the band started? Did you ever think it would go anywhere, or was it kinda just for fun?

As I mentioned, I really didn't plan on doing anything besides playing some local shows on Long Island. The sole reason we were able to do quite a bit more than that is because everyone in this band is on the same page and has the same goals for the band. Most of us are a bit older and have full time jobs but are still willing to sacrifice most of our free time for the band. 
 


Lastly, any shows coming up soon? Possibly anywhere near southern Cali?

We're heading up to Mass. to do New England Metalfest next weekend. After that we're doing Breastfest in North Carolina and then Rainfest in Seattle. We're not playing much after that, just focusing on the record. I'm not sure when we'll be in Cali next, we don't get to tour much but we were in California last year and it was great. We hope to come back sometime in 2013.  



Thanks again for your time guys!

Thank you man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment